15 October 2010

a few things, and friday links



our all-time favorite photographer, rachel (i love calling her our photographer) did an amazing job capturing our wee one at his cutest. only 17 days old in these shots, and i can't believe how much he's grown since then. he's no longer my newborn, but still my sweet baby boy. rachel's the best, and we love her. i know she is going to capture so many of our lives favorite moments for years to come.

there is a direct correlation between how i feel each day with how much water i am drinking. i took note of this, this morning. i was dragging for the first few hours, but i think i was just dehydrated. once i downed a few bottles of water, i felt much better. i must remember this in the future.

i have been watching so much giada at home and everyday italian lately, i kind of feel like she is directing each show to me. i love how she speaks every italian word with an accent. cort hates it. he laughed hysterically at her using the word mozzarella the other day. she's always so put together. if i ate that many carbs, i wouldn't be able to get out of my stretchy pants. oh wait, i still can't do that. but i can't wait to try this recipe. have you ever used mascarpone cheese? i haven't.

today at the eye doctor, the receptionist commented on my handsome, very big son. we get this a lot. i love hearing that he looks healthy, and i love the word, "son". i know i was beaming, because i'm so proud to be toting him around. have i told you he's in the 90th percentile for height, 75th for weight? yes, we're so very proud.

this talk really hit the spot today. i highly recommend reading/listening.

while feeding my babe at 3 in the morning, i was starving and craving salt and peppered avocado on toast. i had it this morning and it was delicious. i'm convinced while breastfeeding that you need lots of fats and protein because that's all i crave. and have i told you how much i love breastfeeding (if you haven't guessed yet :))?? one of my favorites of the whole mothering experience.

i'm kind of excited to see old navy carrying the skinny cargo pants. a cheaper version of this splurge.

do you wear lipstick? i sure don't, unless it is of the burt's bees variety. but i am a fan of the nude lip, and this was a good tutorial for me.

my dad, and two favorite sisters are coming next weekend, and i'm jumping out of my pants in excitement. so is baby n.

happy weekend. xo.

7 comments:

Amy said...

Oh how I love you. I feel like Giada guides us all...well, she and Ina. Can't wait to see you and the fam next weekend!

xoxo

Kristin said...

I love your friday links! and i love your little boy! he is so so cute!
oh and i had to laugh at all the water drinking! seriously i drink so much water!! and i absolutely love breast feeding also! but i do get nervous sometimes that i am not giving enough to my baby cause i swear he eats so so much! i am almost positive that he will be 13lbs at his one month appointment!
have a great weekend!
xoxo

thewestenskows.blogspot.com said...

I'm glad that you guys are doing so good! Noah is adorable!

Char said...

I watch her on the food channel too and also think she's talking to me! love her accent and all she cooks. Your little wee one looks adorable as ever!

Morgan@LittleHouseofVeggies said...

He is just getting cuter by the minute! And I WANT those cargos!!!

Jamie said...

Laura...He is so incredibly adorable. I had to comment because I also love Giada..and love watching her! My absolute (okay one of) favorite desserts is one of hers...and it has mascarpone cheese in it! it's called: Toasted pound cake with mascarpone and ameretto: heres the link:http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/toasted-pound-cake-with-mascarpone-and-amaretto-recipe/index.html

I had made my own apricot jam, which it calls for, and then I of course subsituted the liqueur for almond extract. It is so refined and delicious!
I love reading your blog! Tell my good buddy Cort hello!

Jamie said...

one more thing: to really make my above recipe quick and easy: buy the sara lee pound cake in the grocery frozen section! Shhhhhh!