03 September 2009

september, september

{image found here}

hurrah, hurrah. i love september. it is the start of a new season. the beginning of cool nights, changing of the leaves, lots of family birthdays, and one month away from the holiday season (halloween counts)....

still, august is trying really hard to hang on to us as we tossed and turned in puddles of our own sweat the last couple of nights. i haven't been this hot since i lived in sticky scottsdale. yikes. the things we sacrifice to live so close to the ocean. longer commutes into the city, coughing up our life savings for rent, and no air conditioning. we are really trying to hold out and not spend the money on a fan, our last month in los angeles. guess we won't need it san francisco. we hear it's frigid...

caught a glimpse last night of the tv show, glee. delightful. musical. funny. sometimes i wish fall tv wasn't so entertaining. there are so many other things i should be doing with my time. i've toyed with the idea of ridding our household of a television altogether, just so i wouldn't be tempted. has any one done this? should we give it a shot?

today i will be spending the day walking 11 dogs. you heard me right. eleven. trying to cure my puppy-hunger, by throwing myself into a potentially disastrous situation. no doubt i will walk away with some stories, and most likely, some kind of injury. 

big shout out to the bradley clan. the suburban cowboy, best friend/sister, and the two cutest kids in the world. i miss you so much my heart aches. 

4 comments:

Krista said...

UGH! seriously this weather needs to cool off. mrs. preggy here can't sleep at night. it's suffocating!!
love glee too! and no no, don't throw out the tele. maybe just turn it on at night for an hour or two. we all need a cheap escape.

Kristin said...

Laura! Love the post. Love fall also! I would love to live near the ocean. I grew up there, I miss it! About the tv. My hub and I don't even have it hooked up. We watch movies and thats it. I have actually felt less stressed by not having it on all the time. It is quite nice. Glad to hear you love Mario!! It is the best! My skin has never looked so good! xo

CoLiE-O said...

i'm with kristin- we dont even have a t.v. in our joint (going on 2 years! crazy!!). its odd going from dvr-ing everything to not having anything to watch. i definately could get a lot more done without the boob tube but instead- i blog and facebook. so with or without a tv - i find other ways to waste my time :)

Lisa Marie Trent said...

Whose 11 dogs??