04 November 2008

Ashley and I are getting married....

Yes, you heard me right. But not to each other. Prop 8 passed.

In true "Ashley and Laura" form - we are doing this together, and getting married two months apart. We were both lucky enough to find amazing men that complete us in ways that we were unable to do for each other - that being, the opposite sex. 

I am more than elated to announce that I am enfianced to Cortney Nelson, and by marrying him, I'm gaining:
-Someone who is - honest, thoughtful, ambitious, loving, highly intelligent, romantic, hardworking, open-minded, respectful, kind, spiritual, adventurous, funny, my best friend, and perfect for me in every way. 
-A family, the Nelson's, that I have been in love with for ten years now - one of the most amazing families I've ever known. 
-One of my very best friends, Erin, as my new sister, and two nieces, a nephew and one on the way that I absolutely adore. 

What he's gaining:
-An equally as lovable and perfect family who loves him, the Campbell's, as well as a baby on the way and Olivia....need I say more?
-Someone who is - a little OCD, sometimes cynical, sometimes funny, sometimes high-maintenance, a little neurotic, but someone who absolutely adores him and loves him more than words can express.

Thanks for proposing to me Cort, sorry this post is long over-due, and my wedding countdown couldn't be going any slower.... :) 

14 comments:

Studio 7 Interior Design, Kristen Rockwood said...

We wanted to wish you congratulations! We are so thrilled you found your happiness you deserve! We love you!

The Neilson Family said...

Love it! I am very happy for you both! Being so close You know my exact words for ya! Love ya!

FRANK AND HEATHER MAILE said...

CoNgRaTs! Frank and I are both so pumped for you two. We would love to hang out if you guys are ever back this way. Keep in touch!

Katie said...

Love this news! Congrats, I can picture you two together!

Natallee said...

Congratulations Laura!! Dylan and I are soooo happy for you! Just wish you were doing your event here! We would love to meet Court!

The Dumas Family said...

Your little niece is so cute. She looks so much like you! I guess she looks like her dad, but she's a girl so she looks like you. It's the dimples. I'm jealous of you and Cortney's kids - they'll have those dimples. Congratulations again! Can't wait for April. I'm more excited for that than my cruise. That's big, just so you know. That means I love you A LOT!

Erin Bradley said...

Ohhhh, what a cute post. I'm pretty sure by now you know that I am super excited to have you as a sister. Afton can't wait to have little cousin friend but for now she will just eat up the fact that you guys spoil her:)

Jill said...

Congratulations Laura. This is happy happy news. We love the Nelsons and lived in their ward when Court left on his mission. I'm thinking that your wedding is the same day as my due date. I'll just check your blog everytime I need a reminder of how long I have left. Ha ha.

Jill said...

Congratulations Laura. This is happy happy news. We love the Nelsons and lived in their ward when Court left on his mission. I'm thinking that your wedding is the same day as my due date. I'll just check your blog everytime I need a reminder of how long I have left. Ha ha.

thewestenskows.blogspot.com said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you and Cortney!!!!

Tamara Jacobs said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting. You two make a beautiful couple.

Kristen M said...

CONGRATULATIONS. This news is awesome. I want to see some pics of this amazing guy who is so lucky and blessed to be marrying you.

Krista said...

Hooray for you both! congrats

Jamie said...

NO...I THINK IM THE MOST EXCITED!!!!!! CONGRATU-FREAKING-LATIONS!!!!!!!!
SO SO SO EXCITING! LAURA AND CORTNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am thrilled for you both, and don't know who is luckier!!
LOVE YOU GUYS!
JAMIE CONGER-WEBSTER